Monday, June 17, 2013

Reading Kingdom reading and writing program- ages 4-10 REVIEW....

I had the opportunity of doing a review for the Reading Kingdom reading and writing program- ages 4-10. It is a reading and writing program that helps children get a head in school with their reading and writing. It also is a program that you do on your computer and online. Well normally that is how it works.... And i say that because unfortunately in my case it is not a product that i find feesable and not one that works. The only way you can get it to work is if you upload one or more other browsers (I.E. Google chrome etc.) It don't work with any or all browsers and programs. So it's like you have to do a bunch of downloading and modifications to even use it. You log in and get to where you start the lessons and it just "thinks" and never let's you or never advances. It is a membership based kind of deal. Now each person is different but, due to the fact that in my experience it is not user friendly. Unfortunately this is a program that i would not be recommending or using or recommend other's to use and spend their money on. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. It appears you deleted my comment when I was just trying to clarify some things about this company for you and your readers.
    I think it is fair to let readers know that you only need one browser and the company lists several that will work.
    Also they offer a 30 day free trial so people can try it for themselves.
    Not sure why you would delete my comment as I even stated I wasn't that fond of this, I just thought your readers should know that they are not stuck at a certain level they are able to call the company and ask for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kew Kew- First of all I actually never saw the actual comment (the original one) so I could not have deleted it and I did not delete it. When I got the comment notification for the original comment I clicked here on the post and never saw it so somehow it got deleted otherwise. Unless the comment got put on another post or something - Weird! And as far as the browsers I tried every browser listed that they said is compatible with this program and NOTHING! it did not work. The purpose of these posts and this blog is not for people to come on here and make or come off in anyway that the author and owner of a blog (in this case my blog. It is not for anyone to come on here and by their comments it is not for anyone to make me, or my readers in anyway feel like and be treated like a idiot and stupid., it is not a "Clarification blog!" If there is clarifications in anyway to be made I as this blog owner and author will do it! it is my job. Not yours. And again was giving my honest opinion and review based on my experience and that is my right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that you took my comment to feel that I was making you feel like an idiot and stupid. That was not my intent by any stretch of the imagination.
    I was flabbergasted that someone would appear to delete my comment, just because I didn't agree with what you were saying and was trying to help you out. I am not sure why my original comment would just disappear, that is really weird.
    And I also wanted to say, it is not like I go around checking blogs to see if my comment is still there. I had left this tab open (along with a bunch of others) and was coming by to close it and shut my computer down when I noticed my comment was not there.
    I was thinking you might want to inform your readers that yes, there is a way to move ahead in the program so they would know. As I stated, it's not like I am that fond of this program as it is. We tried out the 30 day free trial and canceled it before the 30 days were up. It just wasn't for us.
    Didn't mean to cause any problems.

    ReplyDelete