When I got married in 2000, I had a 19 inch TV. With our Wedding money, We bought a 32 inch and then a several years later, We bought a 46 inch flat panel TV. We had to buy a new stand for it because the old one only was able to hold our 19 inch. The idea of a wall mount for it crossed my mind but left it very quickly. The number one reason was that I did not want to put holes in my walls and why would we want to do that? My kids are not that little but we do have toddlers and babies that we watch. Please read below as to why a wall mount is something all flat screen owners ones should do.
I really have never thought of what a disaster this could be when these tip-over, toppling off of furniture causing injury or even death. Take a look at the safety video below to see what I am talking about.
SANUS the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with safe kid worldwide. By making everyone aware of this and educating families, They are hoping to reduce TV tip-over related injuries.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
- A child is killed every 3 weeks from an unsecured TV
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-overs
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%.
SANUS TV Mounting Tips:
- Easy 1,2,3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
SANUS encourages you to join in their efforts of mounting of flat panel TV's in your home.
SANUS has been very generous in allowing a giveaway for 1 of my readers to win a complimentary flat panel SANUS TV viewpoint Mount F180, courtesy of SANUS. The winner can will receive a mount that fits their respective TV. Please note that this will not include the actual installation of the equipment and does not include the TV.
This giveaway will be live from 7/17 to 7/27, starting and ending at 7 p.m.
This giveaway is open to US only. All entries will be verified. Enter using the easy Giveaway Tools widget below and Good Luck.
Disclosure- Tammie's Reviews, Giveaways and More or any Blogger helping to promote this giveaway is not responsible for prize fulfillment. No compensation was exchanged.